The Correct Way of Taking Care of Pearl Necklace
The natural beauty of the pearl makes it ideal for jewellery making. Pearl necklace in particular is a head turner. There is something about it that makes you look classy and elegant. It is a symbol of timeless beauty. While pearls are precious you have to be aware that they need utmost care. By doing so, you will be able to preserve its beauty and value.
- Never put perfumes after wearing your pearl necklace. If you do so, you will destroy the pearls including the luster and shine. Make sure you spray the perfume first and wait for some time before wearing the pearl necklace.
- Wear your cosmetics first before wearing your pearls. Most cosmetic products today contain chemicals which can be very harmful to pearls.
- Once you remove your pearl, you should carefully wipe it with a soft cloth. Most pearl jewelleries come with a soft cloth which can be used to wipe and polish eh pearls. It is the same cloth used for polishing the spectacle lenses.
- Do not place the pearl in places with traces of makeup and oil.
- It will help a lot if you are going to store the pearl in its original packaging. That way, you will be able to protect the surface and the nacre of the pearls.
- Do not mix the pearl jewellery with other types of jewellery as it can be easily scratched. It is best to store them separately.
- Avoid cleaning the pearl jewellery with soapy substances. Some detergents contain strong chemicals which can be very harmful for your pearls.
- If your peal needs some cleaning, it is best to bring them to professional jewellery cleaners. They do know what to do. They will make your pearls looking brand new without affecting its quality and value.